You can only apply for permanent residence through the Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) if you have at least 2 years of work experience in the program and:

  • you’re already working in Canada with an LCP work permit, or
  • you were approved for your first LCP work permit based on a Labour Market Impact Assessment submitted to Employment and Social Development Canada on or before November 30, 2014

If you have work experience in Canada as a caregiver but don’t qualify for either of the options above, you may be eligible to immigrate to Canada through a different program.

The host family, which is your employer, will pay you no less than the minimum wage set by the province in which you are working


For individuals looking to become live in care givers your position may include the following:

Caregiver’s responsibilities may include:

  • Cooking and light housekeeping
  • Laundry and change of bed linens
  • Grocery shopping and errands
  • Companionship and range of motion exercise
  • Bathing, dressing and grooming assistance
  • Transportation to doctor appointments, supermarket, pharmacy
  • Assisting with walking and transfer from bed to wheelchair
  • Status reporting to family
  • Medication reminders

If you want to gain Canadian work experience, upgrade your skills to the Canadian standards, and have the time of your life in Canada you are more than welcome to join the program. If you have a background in education, medicine or health care mentioned above, then you are the Caregiver we need. There is also the possibility of applying for Permanent Residence in Canada after completing at least two (2) years of work here.

Through the program you will become a member of a Canadian family for at least one year and will be paid a salary as a Caregiver.



Contact info

North York

1111 Finch Ave. W., Suite 300 Toronto, ON M3J 2E5


820 Markham Rd., Unit 3 Scarborough, ON M1H 2Y2